Full and Short Papers
MUM 2023, the 22nd International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia
Vienna, Austria, December 3-6, 2023
MUM 2023, the 22nd International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia, will be held in Vienna, Austria, December 3rd – 6th. MUM is an interdisciplinary forum for advances in research of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems, applications, and services. At MUM, academics and practitioners discuss challenges and achievements in this field from diverse perspectives, such as interaction techniques, user research, system development, software solutions, and devices. This edition of MUM aims to continue the tradition of innovation and excellence in research established by previous MUM conferences.
Submission Guidelines and List of Topics
We welcome submissions of high-quality papers that offer original and unpublished contributions relevant to mobile and ubiquitous multimedia. Paper topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
Paper topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prototypes and systems tackling relevant technical challenges
- Novel applications for mobile and ubiquitous gaming, learning, entertainment, social networking, and advertising
- Augmented, mixed, and virtual reality systems and applications
- Case studies, field trials, or user experience evaluations of new applications and services
- Context-aware and location-based mobile and ubiquitous services
- Metrics and measures for evaluating and testing mobile and ubiquitous systems
- Privacy and security-related challenges to multimedia systems
- Social implications of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- Interaction and collaboration with human-centered AI systems
- Tools and development environments for building mobile, wearable, and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- User interfaces, interaction design, and interaction techniques for mobile and ubiquitous systems
- Interaction design for automotive and other modes of transportation
- Fabrication and device prototyping
Papers should be grounded in existing literature and knowledge, and should be written for an interdisciplinary audience. Papers must be submitted via EasyChair by August 22nd, 2023, AoE at the latest. Accepted papers will appear in the Proceedings of the International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia, which will be available in the ACM Digital Library, where they will remain accessible to thousands of researchers and practitioners worldwide. The correct template for submissions is the ACM Primary Article Template in single-column format (in PDF format). Submissions should be prepared using either the single-column Word Submission Template or the single-column LaTeX template (using the “manuscript, review, anonymous” style available in the template). Submissions can be of variable length. Paper length must be based on the weight of the contribution, with 16 pages (excluding references) in single-column format being valued as long papers in past editions and 7 pages (excluding references) in single-column format being valued as short papers in past editions.
- Successful submissions of around 16 pages typically represent significant empirical, theoretical, or methodological advances in the field.
- Successful submissions of around 7 pages offer more focused contributions; they are not intended to be work-in-progress reports. Instead, they should offer complete, rigorously developed work with a solid contribution to the field. Short papers have a smaller scope or more focused contribution than long papers.
Submissions should not have been previously published or be concurrently under submission. Papers must be anonymized. Submitted papers will undergo a rigorous double-blind review process managed by the Program Chairs. Each submitted paper will be reviewed by at least three reviewers, chosen from the pool of members of the Program Committee listed below. This pool of reviewers features experts from the previous edition and new researchers to address new emerging research areas and underrepresented communities. Papers will be assigned through a bidding process. Authors are encouraged to submit an optional video of a maximum of 6 minutes to support their submission. To ensure all reviewers can view videos, authors should use the H.264 encoding and the MP4 file format. The bit rate of videos can be lowered to accommodate the upload limits of EasyChair (max. 50 MB per file).
Link to Submission System: EasyChair
|Submission deadline||August 22nd, 2023 (AoE)|
|Decision Notification||October 5th, 2023|
|Conference dates||December 3th - December 6th, 2023|