MUM 2020, the 19th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia
MUM is a distinguished forum for advances in research and technologies that drives innovation in mobile and multimedia systems, applications, and services. At MUM academics and practitioners gather to discuss challenges and achievements from diverse perspectives, in a single track conference format. This year's conference aims to continue the tradition of innovation and excellence in research established by previous MUM conferences.
Message from the Demo Chairs
The MUM demo track provides an opportunity to present a hands-on demonstration of your work, research, service, prototype, or product addressing one or more of the topics listed below. We want to see and play with your prototypes, services, devices, systems, and innovative examples of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia. We encourage making your demonstration visually or otherwise appealing to attract attention from conference attendees.
This year, we have all been confronted with significant changes caused by the coronavirus outbreak. Unfortunately, the MUM 2020 conference is no exception, and the organizing committee is currently evaluating different options to make the conference possible. Moving the conference online partly into a hybrid format is one of the options that is considered by the committee. To be prepared, we ask every demo submission to include a 3-minute video that shows a detailed hands-on of the demo and explains the different functionalities. More information and minor changes will most likely follow at a later point in time.
Paper topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Architectures, systems, algorithms and other constructions tackling relevant technical challenges
- Augmented, mixed, and virtual reality systems and applications
- Case studies, field trials, or user experience evaluations of new applications and services
- Conceptualizations and theorizations of the field
- Context-aware and location-based mobile and ubiquitous services
- Metrics and measures for evaluating and testing mobile and ubiquitous systems
- Middleware and distributed computing support for mobile and ubiquitous multimedia
- Novel applications for mobile and ubiquitous gaming, entertainment, networking, and advertising
- Privacy and security related issues to multimedia systems
- Social implications of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- Tools and development environments for building mobile, wearable, and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- User interfaces, interaction design, and interaction techniques for mobile and ubiquitous systems
Preparing the Submission
Demo submissions should be maximum 2 pages (excluding references) in the ACM Proceedings Template (2-column format) and should contain an abstract that is less than 150 words long that clearly states the demo's contribution to the field. Please use Interim Template for Microsoft Word users and sigconf Template for Latex users. Submissions will undergo a review process managed by the demonstration chairs. Demos must be submitted via EasyChair.
This years, authors are required to submit a three minute video with their submission showing a detailed hands-on of their demo as well as an additional document (.pdf or .txt) with the list of hardware they would need to bring to the venue in case the conference will have a physical part.
Demo submissions should not have been previously published or be concurrently under submission elsewhere. Demo submissions should not be anonymized and will undergo a single-blind review process. Final camera-ready versions of accepted submissions must be accompanied by a signed copyright form. Accepted demo papers will be included in the conference proceedings published by ACM Press and included in the ACM Digital Library.
|Submission deadline||October 5th, 2020 (AoE)|
|Notification of review decisions||October 15th, 2020|
|Camera ready deadline||October 22nd, 2020|
|Conference dates||November 22nd - November 25th, 2020|