MUM 2020, the 19th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia
MUM is an interdisciplinary forum for advances in research of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems, applications, and services. At MUM, academics and practitioners gather to discuss challenges and achievements from diverse perspectives, in a single track conference format. This year's conference aims to continue the tradition of innovation and excellence in research established by previous MUM conferences.
The MUM poster track provides an opportunity for researchers and practitioners to show and discuss their recent work on mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems, services, interactions and experiences. The submissions can also be about something that has not been fully designed, implemented or tested but shows great promise, has a provoking topic or only preliminary results, or summarizes several small-scale studies. Topics of interest are the same as mentioned in the CfP for short and full papers. Posters provide the opportunity for researchers to get feedback on early-stage work, discuss potential collaborations and burning issues in an informal manner with the MUM community.
Topics could include, but are not limited to the following:
- Architectures, systems, algorithms and other constructions tackling relevant technical challenges
- Augmented, mixed, and virtual reality systems and applications
- Case studies, field trials, or user experience evaluations of new applications and services
- Conceptualizations and theorizations of the field
- Context-aware and location-based mobile and ubiquitous services
- Metrics and measures for evaluating and testing mobile and ubiquitous systems
- Middleware and distributed computing support for mobile and ubiquitous multimedia
- Novel applications for mobile and ubiquitous gaming, entertainment, networking, and advertising
- Privacy and security related issues to multimedia systems
- Social implications of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- Tools and development environments for building mobile, wearable, and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- User interfaces, interaction design, and interaction techniques for mobile and ubiquitous systems
Poster submissions should be maximum 2 pages (excluding references) in the ACM Proceedings Template (2-column format). The authors of the accepted posters will receive instructions about the format of the poster. Poster submissions must contain an abstract with less than 150 words that clearly states the poster's contribution to the field. Submissions will undergo a review process managed by the poster chairs. Poster must be submitted via EasyChair.
Accepted submissions will be presented as a poster at the conference. Authors are expected to bring the accepted posters to the conference site with them and be present throughout the posters and demos session on the second day (November 24th) of the conference, or present them virtually.
Submissions should not have been previously published or be concurrently under submission elsewhere. Submissions should not be anonymized and will undergo a single-blind review process. Final camera-ready versions of accepted submissions must be accompanied by a signed copyright form. Accepted posters will be included in the conference proceedings published by ACM Press and included in the ACM Digital Library.
|Submission deadline||October 9th, 2020 (AoE)|
|Notification of review decisions||October 26th, 2020|
|Camera ready deadline||November 2nd, 2020|
|Conference dates||November 22nd - November 25th, 2020|