MUM 2020, the 19th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia
MUM is an interdisciplinary forum for advances in research of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems, applications, and services. At MUM, academics and practitioners gather to discuss challenges and achievements in this field from diverse perspectives, such as interaction techniques, user research, system development, software solutions, and devices. This year's conference continues the tradition and spirit established by previous MUM conferences.
We welcome submissions of high-quality papers that offer original and unpublished contributions relevant to the field of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia, either in long paper format (up to 10 pages excluding references) or short paper format (up to 4 pages excluding references). Successful long paper submissions typically represent a significant empirical, theoretical or methodological advances in the field. Short papers offer more focused contributions; they are not work in progress reports but offer complete, rigorously developed work, with a solid contribution to the field. Short papers have a smaller scope or more focused contribution than long papers.
Paper topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Architectures, systems, algorithms and other constructions tackling relevant technical challenges
- Augmented, mixed, and virtual reality systems and applications
- Case studies, field trials, or user experience evaluations of new applications and services
- Conceptualizations and theorizations of the field
- Context-aware and location-based mobile and ubiquitous services
- Metrics and measures for evaluating and testing mobile and ubiquitous systems
- Middleware and distributed computing support for mobile and ubiquitous multimedia
- Novel applications for mobile and ubiquitous gaming, entertainment, networking, and advertising
- Privacy and security related issues to multimedia systems
- Social implications of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- Tools and development environments for building mobile, wearable, and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- User interfaces, interaction design, and interaction techniques for mobile and ubiquitous systems
Papers should be grounded in existing literature and knowledge, and should be written for an interdisciplinary audience. Papers must be submitted via EasyChair at the latest by August 10th, 2020 AoE and follow the ACM Proceedings Template. Use Interim Template for Microsoft Word users and sigconf Template for Latex users.
Submissions should not have been previously published or be concurrently under submission. Papers must be anonymized. Submitted papers will undergo a rigorous double-blind review process managed by the Technical Program Chairs. Accepted papers will appear in the Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia, which will be available in the ACM Digital Library, where they will remain accessible to thousands of researchers and practitioners worldwide.
|Submission deadline||August 10th, 2020|
|Notification of review decisions||October 1st, 2020|
|Camera ready deadline||October 15th, 2020|
|Conference dates||November 22nd - November 25th, 2020|