MUM 2017, the 16th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia will be held in Stuttgart, Germany, November 26th - 29th.
MUM is a distinguished forum for advances in research and technologies that drive innovation in mobile and multimedia systems, applications, and services. At MUM academics and practitioners gather to discuss challenges and achievements from diverse perspectives, in a single track conference format. This year's conference aims to continue the tradition of innovation and excellence in research established by previous MUM conferences.
We welcome high quality full and short paper submissions that offer an original contribution relevant to the field of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia. Successful full paper submissions typically represent a significant advance for the field. Short papers offer a focused contribution to the research program. Short papers are not work in progress reports but offer completed, rigorously researched/developed work that makes a significant contribution to the field of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia. Short papers are likely to have a smaller scope of contribution than full papers, but they are expected to make a solid contribution to the field. Paper topics could include, but are not limited to the following:
- Augmented and Virtual Reality systems and applications
- Architectures, systems, and algorithms tackling technical challenges of mobile systems
- Case studies, field trials, and user experience evaluations of new applications and services
- Context-aware and location-based mobile and ubiquitous services
- Metrics and Measures for Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems
- Middleware and distributed computing support for mobile and ubiquitous multimedia
- Mobile and ubiquitous multimedia applications and systems
- Mobile games, entertainment and advertising
- Mobile social network and multimedia services
- Mobile and wearable user interfaces, interaction design and techniques
- Social and privacy implications of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- Tools and development systems for building mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems
We welcome submission of high quality papers, either in full paper format (max. 10 pages excluding references) or short paper format (max. 4 pages excluding references), that describe original and unpublished research advancing the state of the art in mobile and ubiquitous multimedia. Papers should be grounded in existing mobile and ubiquitous multimedia literature and knowledge, and should be written for an interdisciplinary mobile and ubiquitous multimedia audience. Papers must be submitted via EasyChair and follow the SIGCHI Proceedings Format.
Submissions should not have been previously published or be concurrently under submission elsewhere. Papers must be anonymized. Submitted papers will undergo a rigorous review process, managed by the Technical Program Chairs. Final camera-ready versions of accepted papers must be accompanied by a signed copyright form. Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings published by ACM Press and included in the ACM Digital Library.
|Submission deadline||August 18, 2017 (23:59 UTC-11)|
|Notification of review decisions||October 6, 2017|
|Camera ready deadline||October 27, 2017|
|Conference dates||November 26 - November 29, 2017|