MUM 2019, the 18th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia will be held in Pisa, Italy, November 26th - 29th.
MUM is a distinguished forum for advances in research and technologies that drive innovation in mobile and multimedia systems, applications, and services. At MUM academics and practitioners gather to discuss challenges and achievements from diverse perspectives, in a single track conference format. This year's conference aims to continue the tradition of innovation and excellence in research established by previous MUM conferences.
The MUM poster track provides an opportunity for researchers and practitioners to show and discuss their recent work on mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems, services, interactions and experiences. The submissions can be also about something that has not been fully designed, implemented or tested but shows great promise, has a provoking topic or only preliminary results, or summarizes several small-scale studies. Topics of interest are the same as mentioned in the CfP for short and full papers. Posters provide the opportunity for researchers to get feedback on early-stage work, discuss potential collaborations and burning issues in an informal manner with the MUM community. Topics could include, but are not limited to the following:
- Augmented and Virtual Reality systems and applications
- Architectures, systems, and algorithms tackling technical challenges of mobile systems
- Case studies, field trials, and user experience evaluations of new applications and services
- Context-aware and location-based mobile and ubiquitous services
- Metrics and Measures for Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems
- Middleware and distributed computing support for mobile and ubiquitous multimedia
- Mobile and ubiquitous multimedia applications and systems
- Mobile games, entertainment and advertising
- Mobile social network and multimedia services
- Mobile and wearable user interfaces, interaction design and techniques
- Social and privacy implications of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- Tools and development systems for building mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems
Poster submissions should be 4 pages (excluding references) in the MUM 2019 Templates. The authors of the accepted posters will receive instructions about the format of the poster. Poster submissions must contain an abstract with less than 150 words that clearly states the poster's contribution to the field. Submissions will undergo a review process managed by the poster chairs. Poster must be submitted via EasyChair.
Accepted submissions will be presented as a poster at the conference. Authors are expected to bring the accepted posters to the conference site with them and be present throughout the posters and demos session at the second day of the conference.
Submissions should not have been previously published or be concurrently under submission elsewhere. Submissions should not be anonymized and will undergo a single-blind review process. Final camera-ready versions of accepted submissions must be accompanied by a signed copyright form. Accepted posters will be included in the conference proceedings published by ACM Press and included in the ACM Digital Library.