MUM 2018, the 17th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia will be held in Cairo, Egypt, November 25th - 28th.
MUM is a distinguished and inter-disciplinary forum for advances in research of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems, applications, and services. At MUM, academics and practitioners gather to discuss challenges and achievements in this broad field from diverse perspectives: interaction techniques, user research, system development, software solutions, devices and hardware, etc. This year's conference continues the tradition of innovation and excellence established by previous MUM conferences.
We welcome submissions of high-quality papers that offer original and unpublished contributions relevant to the field of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia, either in full paper format (max. 10 pages excluding references) or short paper format (max. 4 pages excluding references). Successful full paper submissions typically represent a significant empirical, theoretical or methodological advances in the field. Short papers offer more focused contributions; they are not work in progress reports but offer completed, rigorously researched/developed work with a solid contribution to the field. Short papers are likely to have a smaller scope of contribution than full papers.
Paper topics could include, but are not limited to the following:
- Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality systems and applications
- Architectures, systems, algorithms and other constructions tackling relevant technical challenges
- Case studies, field trials, or user experience evaluations of new applications and services
- Conceptualizations and theorizations of the field
- Context-aware and location-based mobile and ubiquitous services
- Metrics and measures for evaluating and testing mobile and ubiquitous systems
- Middleware and distributed computing support for mobile and ubiquitous multimedia
- Novel applications for mobile and ubiquitous gaming, entertainment, networking, advertising, etc.
- Social and privacy implications of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- Tools and development environments for building mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- User interfaces, interaction design and interaction techniques for mobile and ubiquitous systems
Papers should be grounded in existing mobile and ubiquitous multimedia literature and knowledge, and should be written for an interdisciplinary mobile and ubiquitous multimedia audience. Papers must be submitted via EasyChair and follow the SIGCHI Proceedings Format.
Submissions should not have been previously published or be concurrently under submission elsewhere. Papers must be anonymized. Submitted papers will undergo a rigorous blind review process, managed by the Technical Program Chairs. Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings published by ACM Press and included in the ACM Digital Library.
August 31, 2018 (23:59 UTC-11)
|Notification of review decisions||October 01, 2018|
|Camera ready deadline||October 08, 2018|
|Conference dates||November 25 - November 28, 2018|
MUM 2018 Travel Grants
We are excited to announce that the DAAD and BMBF will sponsor a number of travel grants for regional young academics to attend MUM 2018. The grant will cover travel, accommodation and parts of the registration fee. Interested academics will be able to apply through the website shortly after the notifications for paper submissions. Preference will be given to authors of accepted papers. More details on the application and selection procedure will be made available soon.