The International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia (MUM) is a leading annual international conference, which provides a forum for presenting the latest research results on mobile and ubiquitous multimedia. The conference brings together experts from both academia and industry for a fruitful exchange of ideas and discussion on future challenges, in a comfortable and effective single-track conference format.
The 17th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia (MUM 2018) will be held in Cairo, Egypt, November 25 - November 28, 2018. It is organized by the German University in Cairo, Egypt.
In addition to the peer-reviewed accepted papers, the conference program will include keynote presentations, posters, demos and a video track. The conference will also have a co-located doctoral school. The technical program will be complemented by several social events to facilitate informal discussions and networking among the conference attendees and invited guests.
Conference topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality systems and applications
- Architectures, systems, algorithms and other constructions tackling relevant technical challenges
- Case studies, field trials, or user experience evaluations of new applications and services
- Conceptualizations and theorizations of the field
- Context-aware and location-based mobile and ubiquitous services
- Metrics and measures for evaluating and testing mobile and ubiquitous systems
- Middleware and distributed computing support for mobile and ubiquitous multimedia
- Novel applications for mobile and ubiquitous gaming, entertainment, networking, advertising, etc.
- Social and privacy implications of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- Tools and development environments for building mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- User interfaces, interaction design and interaction techniques for mobile and ubiquitous systems
MUM 2018 Travel Grants
We are excited to announce that the DAAD and BMBF will sponsor a number of travel grants for regional young academics to attend MUM 2018. The grant will cover travel, accommodation and parts of the registration fee. Interested academics will be able to apply through the website shortly after the notifications for paper submissions. Preference will be given to authors of accepted papers. More details on the application and selection procedure will be made available soon.
Tweets by MUMconf